1. Start with 10-15 tomatoes that have been rinsed, cored, and cut into fourths
2. Put in a large pot with 3 cups shredded zucchini, 4 roughly cut carrots, 1 roughly cut onion, and 2 T. minced garlic.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat until carrots are soft (About 20 min)
4. Remove from heat and add 2T. salt, 2T. sugar, and 1T. dried basil. Puree with an immersion blender (Or process in blender) until consistency you desire. (I like mine well pureed - it cuts back on the skin-bits being noticeable)
5. Return to heat over low, and cook for 2-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
6. Use, bottle, or freeze! Yields about 8 cups
* The length cooked decides how watery it is - if you like your sauce thick, cook it longer.
* I like to do several batches all at once and then portion into quart sized freezer bags.