5/7/09

Mustard-less Potato Salad

Recently, I received a food assignment for a luncheon. I was asked to bring potato salad for 25 people. PANIC!!! I don't make potato salad... never have. For one simple reason... I hate mustard and thought that ALL potato salads had mustard.

When I received my assignment, I started looking through cookbooks, online and on blogs to find a recipe that did not use mustard! And I found a variation of this recipe in an old church cookbook.

I love it! And my husband loves it! Hopefully the guests at the luncheon tomorrow will love it!


Red Skinned Potato Salad
Serves 12 (I doubled it!!)

Ingredients:

2 pounds new red potatoes
6 eggs
1 pound bacon ( I used Hickory Smoked... yummy!)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 cups mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Boil potatoes in a large put until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.

Hard boil eggs. Remove from hot water, let cool. Peel and chop.

Cook bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. (I actually baked my bacon on a cookie sheet on 375 for about 13 minutes... until evenly cooked and a bit crunchy!)

Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?