4/20/09

Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken

We went to Applebee's the other day and my husband had this for dinner, he really enjoyed it! I have used this website before for Panda Express orange chicken, so I hopped on and snagged some more knockoff recipes. www.cdkitchen.com. It is a copycat website full of good stuff.
1 cup water
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, or soy sauce.
1/2 lime, juiced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
mix together and Marinade your chicken (4-6 breats) for atleast 2 hours.
1/4 C mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp salsa
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp cajun blackening spice
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp hot sauce, I used tabasco
1/8 tsp dried dill weed
1/8 tsp cumin
mix this together and place in covered bowl in your fridge
1 Cup shredded colby jack cheese
2 Cups corn chips, crumbled

Grill your chicken and discard marinade. When cook thru cover with remaining sauce and cheese and broil until cheese is melted. Serve over chips, YUM!
1/8
April 26, We just made this again tonight and my husband helped me make it. He reads better than I do so he actually used teriyaki sauce, which is what it calls for. I laughed because I used soy sauce the first time. Yes I can read but for some reason that is what I did. Anyway we liked it better with the soy sauce, FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?