3/21/09

Hawaiian Chicken

Note: I found this recipe on the Freezer Co-op Blog. It is very, very yummy!! A huge hit!

6 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2-16 oz. cans pineapple slices, drained
2-15 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground red pepper

Place chicken in freezer bag. mix together fruit, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, ginger and ground red pepper. Pour over the chicken in bag. Freeze.

Serving Day Instructions

Thaw chicken mixture. Place in Crock-Pot, cover, and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Add green pepper to Crock-Pot one hour before serving , if desired. To serve, spoon over steamed rice and top with toasted Almonds.

Notes: I did not add green pepper or the almonds. Didn't have them, and it was just fine without them.

I did nine pounds of chicken. I increased everything else by 50% too, but if I do that again, I will still only use two cans of pineapple and two cans of mandarin oranges. (Three cans of each was too much.)

I did not freeze it. Assembled it the same day I baked it.

I served it with rice and green beans.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really yummy! I'll definitely have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?