3/23/09

Healthier (?) REAL burgers

I did something that I NEVER do... I bought real ground beef as the super lean was on sale at Fry's for 1.99/pound.

My husband was so excited to get real hamburgers... he was nearly drooling when he came to the table.

I told him after he LOVED the first one that I added Kashi "7 whole Grain Pilaf (flavor: Fiery Fiesta)" to the meat. He didn't even notice!

I found this right next to the rice and sides at the grocery store. It is not in a box, but a vacuum sealed pouch. It is a mixture of oats, long grain brown rice, rye, red wheat, buckwheat, barley and sesame seeds, corn, black beans, tomato paste, red pepper, cilantro, and green chiles.

I just opened the pouch, poured it in the bowl with two pounds of ground burger (I am sure that the NEXT time I do it - it will be with my usual Turkey, and it will taste just as good!)... mixed that up and formed the burgers. Then grilled them. It made eight HUGE burgers.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really tasty! I have to agree with Jr. Turkey burgers are just not the same.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?