1/27/09

My Grandma's Snickerdoodles


A few years ago for Christmas, my mom gave all of us a small photo album that she filled with all of her favorite recipes. I have loved having all of the "old" family recipes together in one place. My mom and my grandma used to make these all the time. They are super easy and super yummy!

Grandma's Snickerdoodles
1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 T. sugar


Mix together thoroughly the shortening, sugar, and eggs. Sift together and stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt. Chill dough (I never do this and they turn out fine). Roll into balls about the size of walnuts. (I use the Pampered Chef small scoop.)

Mix together the 2 tsp. cinnamon and 2 T. sugar roll balls in mixture.

Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?