1/31/09

Basil Vinaigrette - from Doughty's Bistro

This is my all time favorite recipe that I took away from my restaurant days. I had to make this bi-weekly for the house salad. This recipe is quartered from the original - and it still makes a ton. (That should tell you how much of the stuff we went through!)

1/4 C. dried basil
1 C. olive oil
1 C. vegetable oil
1 C. red wine vinegar
3 T. minced garlic
2 t. salt
2 t. pepper
1/8 C. sugar

Put all ingredients in a deep bowl, and mix using an immersion blender, OR blend in a blender. Mix until it looks creamy. Refrigerate when not using. Keeps for months.
** We served the house salad with this dressing, spiced pecans, sliced red onions, and feta cheese. I'm drooling just thinking about it!**

2 comments:

  1. This sounds incredible! I'm going to give it a try soon... thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?