2/21/09

Bisquick Pie


Bisquick Pie is a favorite around our house. It is very versatile - when I make it I am usually just cleaning out the fridge! This is basically a crustless quiche. The basic recipe for the "egg part" of the quiche is:

1 1/2 c. milk

3 eggs

3/4 c. bisquick

Mix all ingredients and pour over fillings in pie plate. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.

Now for the fillings - you just arrange them in a pie plate and pour the "egg part" over the top. I use about a cup each of 2 or 3 main fillings then I always add sauteed onions, about 1/2 cup or so.

Some of the different fillings I have used are:

-ham, broccoli, cheddar cheese, onions

-ground beef (browned and drained), cheddar cheese, onions

-bacon, swiss cheese, onions

-sausage (browned and drained), cheese, onions


Other things I have thought about, but haven't done:

-pepperoni, mozzarella, olives

-chicken, broccoli, cheddar

-chicken, bacon, and tomatoes (club style)


Enjoy! Please leave a comment if you have any other great filling ideas! I'd love to try something new!

2 comments:

  1. Our favorite is the ground beef, cheddar and onion. Sorry, I haven't tried anything besides what you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit crazy with things - wouldn't turkey with cranberry and onions taste good? Or maybe turkey with pears and dijon mustard - maybe a little mozzarella mixed in. Mmmmm - I'm gettin' hungry!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?