2/5/09

Dinner in a Pumpkin (Or not)

This one is controversial in our house. I LOVE it, the others, not so much. They do love it when I leave it out of the pumpkin - so take that for what it is. My SIL just asked for the recipe - so I know I'm not crazy to like it. It does make a really cheap, hearty meal however it is presented!

1 medium size pumpkin
1 small onion, chopped
2 T. veg. oil
1-2# ground beef
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. brown sugar
1 4oz can mushrooms (I leave these out)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 C. cooked white rice
1 can water chestnuts(blech) OR 1 C. carrots and celery, finely chopped

Brown onions, meat, and veggies in the oil. Drain, add all ingreds except rice. Saute for 10 mins. Stir in rice. (Serve at this point) OR Cut off top of pumpkin. Scoop out insides. Put rice mixture in pumpkin. Bake on cookie sheet 1 hour at 350 degrees. Serves 6-8

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm with your family! I am NOT a pumpkin person! :D

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?